The evaporating dish is used for evaporating and concentrating solution or burning solid. Its mouth is large and its bottom is shallow. It has round bottom and flat bottom. Made of borosilicate glass 3.3.The specifications are expressed in diameters, ranging from 60 mm to 150 mm. It is mainly used for evaporating liquid, concentrating solution or drying solid substances. The evaporating dish can withstand high temperature. But no sudden cooling. The evaporating dish should be taken with crucible clamp and fixed with tripod or iron stand when heated. In general experiments, when the volume of evaporation solution is small, it can be directly evaporated in an evaporating dish. For non-flammable solutions, if the solution is very thin and the material has good thermal stability, the evaporating dish can be placed on the asbestos net and evaporated directly by alcohol lamp or gas lamp, then transferred to the water bath to heat evaporation when the solution becomes thicker; for flammable organic solutions, if the solution is thicker and the material has poor thermal stability, the evaporation should be indirectly heated by water bath in the fume hood.
1. Can withstand high temperature, can not quench after heating, prevent cracking.
2. The evaporating dish should be taken with crucible clamp and fixed with tripod or iron platform when heating.
3. When the amount of liquid is large, it can be heated directly. When the amount is small or viscous, it should be padded with asbestos net or placed on the mud tripod.
4. When heating the evaporating dish, the glass rod should be continuously stirred to prevent the liquid from being heated locally and splashing everywhere.
5.After heating, the evaporating dish needs to be moved by crucible clamp. It should not be placed directly on the experimental table, but on the asbestos net, so as not to burn the experimental table.
6. After a large number of solids are precipitated, the alcohol lamp is extinguished and the remaining water is evaporated with waste heat.
7. When heating, the heat should be preheated with small fire and then strengthened with large fire.
8. A preheated crucible clamp is used to obtain a heated evaporating dish.
9.When a liquid is filled in an evaporating dish, its liquid volume shall not exceed two-thirds of its volume.
O.D. of Top(mm)